I saw this recipe on Pinterest and thought, “I have to share this with my readers because, damn that sandwich looks tasty!” The recipe comes from Heather Homemade. It is definitely what I think of as chick food, because I know M won’t eat this!
Grilled Cheese with Avocado, Arugula, & Roasted Red Peppers
Makes 2 Sandwiches
- 4, 1/2 inch slices of Italian Bread
- 5 ounces of Provolone, shredded and divided
- 1 small Avocado, sliced in to 1/4 inch to 3/8 inch slices, divided
- 1 cup Baby Arugula, divided
- 2 medium roasted Red Peppers, blotted dry
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of butter for toasting/grilling
Heat a large, non-stick skillet on medium heat and add about 1/2 a tablespoon of butter. Grill “inside” of bread until golden brown. Build sandwichs on grilled side of bread (the “inside”), starting with provolone, then adding roasted red pepper, avocado, arugula, and ending with more provolone. Return built sandwiches to pan, adding more butter. Grill on both sides until golden and cheese is nice and melty. Eat immediately.
I will definitely be making this sandwich sometime soon. Perhaps on a girls weekend by the pool? I think it would make an awesome lunch, and I can practically feel myself drooling at the thought of it.